Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Peace

 
Hello!
My name is Tomas and my good friend Peder asked if I would help him with a question he received.
This very thoughtful message and question came from Melanie:
            Good Morning Peder!
            I loved learning that silly is the same as Blessed.
            I’m curious….What does Peace mean to you in your world…
                                           what does a Peace experience look/feel like to you?
                      Melanie
Dear Melanie and all who are gathering with us,
Peace for a Gnome is a way of life, a way of being.  It begins within us and comes from knowing who we are, Whose we are and not wanting to be anything other than that ~being in touch with our own true nature, our Divinity, our holiness.  It really has to do with being centered in one’s own heart and living out of that space.   Our heart guides our actions and our actions do make a difference.  We cannot experience Peace, encourage Peace, share Peace or work toward Peace in the World if we feel unrest within our own being.   
For Gnomes, Peace is the presence of Harmony, Acceptance, Gratitude and Happiness in our lives, and those qualities are so much a part of our being that we’re able to stand strong in Love when we’re faced with life’s challenges or conflicts.   When we’re truly at Peace there is no judgment or characterization of others or experiences as good or bad, right or wrong and in that sense what may appear as a challenge or conflict we see as an opportunity. 
We're very Peace-able folks.  It’s in our nature to live in harmony.   Peace for me is like having a star in my heart, always shining light on what is within and around me so that I see everything more clearly.  It’s an experience of being totally present and content in the moment and it feels warm, comforting, true. 
I love St Francis of Assisi and his prayer which reminds me that we're all instruments or vessels and we chose at every moment what we wish to convey or carry and what we send out into the world.  Send Peace!   
Thank you for your wonderful question.  I would love to hear the thoughts that any of you might wish to share.   If you’d like, you can comment below or send us an email at Peder’s address: pedergnome@yahoo.com.   
I’ll close with the Prayer of St Francis and a painting of him by my friend Denise.
Deep Peace and Endless Joy!
Love,
Tomas
 

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury,pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen
 
 

1 comment:

  1. "...Peace for me is like having a star in my heart, always shining light on what is within and around me so that I see everything more clearly...."

    wow...thank you, Tomas.

    May Peace always be with you,and all your friends!

    Love, Melanie

    ReplyDelete